Esri News Feed

Friday, August 25, 2006

Satellite Imagery - As Science becomes Art

I stumbled across AbovInc.com in one of my GIS- e-magazines. They have taken a long standing belief that GIS is both art and science .... to a fascinating business model, repesenting stunningly beautiful satellite imarery as art product.

Their work, currently represented under Stuart Black's and Larry Ammann's collection - had me enspelled for hours on their website. Now I need a second job to buy up the collection!

Attached is an image of the Chicago area, a region dear to my heart - as I spent several years there working, married my wife and had our first child while living in Oak Park, IL.

Please check out the full collection at www.AbovInc.com

Below for your pleasure are three samples I swiped (with permission) to show off the beauty of the collection. Now go buy one.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: