Esri News Feed

Friday, July 08, 2005

London Bombings - Comments from Map List Posting

This was taken from a MapInfo-L list I found relevant.

"It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.

That isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted faith - it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objective is.

They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against each other."

I will admit to being very scared yesterday, when the mobile phone networks went down and I couldn't get hold of any of my friends or family. Or when they started to clear the building I work in because they thought there was a car bomb in the car park next door. But I refuse to let it ruin my life or to let it change the way I view people.

If we give into fear and racism - looking at people differently because of the colour of their skin or who they are then the f****** will have won.

Don't give them that victory.

No comments: